Our practice located in Prince Frederick, MD is looking for a Registered Operating Room Nurse to join our Maryland Eye Center / The Surgery Center as a PRN.
As an Operating Room RN, you'll provide a safe and efficient environment for all patients in our Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) during the operative phases and successfully perform the following responsibilities:
- Greets and admit patients to the operative area
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care using the nursing process and take into account individual patient needs
- Prepares operating suite for patients - monitor cleanliness, assemble supplies, instruments, and sutures, check equipment for proper functioning
- Assesses patient’s condition on arrival in surgery and provide physical or emotional support as needed
- Assists Anesthesia Provider and Surgeon during procedures, maintaining constant awareness of the operative situation and a safe environment for patients and personnel
- Evaluates, observes and treats patients under local anesthesia
- Maintains accurate and complete records of patients’ surgical experience
- Starts IVs, gives medications and prepares drugs and solutions per physician protocols
- Prepares for and manages immediate postoperative care, including transporting patients to the recovery room, communicating patient needs, and providing patient and family training
- Assists in orientation of new team members and cross-training of existing personnel
- Obtains patient history through interviews and evaluations, noting data in chart and sharing pertinent information with physician
- Associate’s degree required; BSN preferred
- Current Maryland RN License
- 1-year Ophthalmology experience as a Surgery RN is a plus
- BLS certification required
- ACLS experience required (will train on site)
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
We will honor your experience with competitive pay.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.