The Registered Nurse is responsible for a variety of functions in our fast-paced medical practice. This includes direct physician support, general medical office duties, IV therapy, transcription and other projects as assigned by the physician.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Greets and interacts with patients, staff and physicians
- Assists in scheduling surgical procedures
- Performs IV therapy for patients, as needed
- Provides emergency medical care with physician, based on BLS and ACLS guidelines
- Maintains and monitors all pending issues with physician(s), including phone calls, missing dictations, reviews, etc.
- Maintains all drug logs; ensures correct balances at beginning and end of session
- Manages proper set up for all procedures, including equipment maintenance (lens, speculum, etc.)
Education: NJ State RN license required.
Experience: 1-3-years’ experience required; Ophthalmology experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA guidelines, practices and procedures
- Solid computer skills – requirement of MS applications – MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families
- Commitment to outstanding customer service and patient care
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time-management skills; Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.