Center For Sight - is a busy and growing practice with three locations to serve the community - Two locations in Las Vegas, NV and one in Henderson, NV
Become an integral part of a thriving ophthalmic medical practice!
2 years back office experience or COA/COT preferred
Bilingual a plus
• Make introductions and establish rapport with patients. Initiate patient evaluation, documenting the chief complaint, history of present illness, review of systems, and all pertinent ocular findings accurately and in accordance with compliance guidelines.
• Perform pre-exam testing to include visual acuity assessment, including pinhole and glare testing, confrontational visual field testing, assess extraocular muscles, pupillary evaluation, tonometry, assess angles, pupillary dilation, and all other patient services as requested by the physician including special tests such as color vision screening, stereopsis, dry eye testing, and exophthalmometry.
• Perform refractometry (plus and/or minus cyl).
• Assist with minor surgery procedures or laser treatments in the office.
• Complete requests for prescription refills as authorized by physician, with full documentation in
• Educate patients regarding administration of medications and pre and post-operative instructions as directed by physician.
• Assist with fitting of contact lenses and instruct patients in care and insertion of lenses.
• Conduct inventory of instrument supply on a regular basis.
• Assist with maintenance of clinical examination equipment and with ordering of supplies.
• Clean surgical instruments in preparation for sterile processing.
• Check temperature of medical refrigerator on a daily basis.
• Check expiration date and inventory of culture plates, media, etc., kept in refrigerator and replace as necessary.
• Follow all safety procedures as per guidelines.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as a neat and professional appearance.
• One year of specialized ophthalmic experience is desirable or completion of on-the-job training upon hiring.