Our busy Columbus, Ohio practice is seeking an Ophthalmic Technician who is looking to expand their knowledge, gain valuable experience, and build meaningful relationships. Our ideal candidate is an innovative and motivated individual who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
We offer the full scope of ophthalmic care to a rapidly growing number of patients. Our cutting-edge facilities will make you excited to come to work every day. We care about your education and advancement, so we offer to pay for part of your continuing education and lay the course for you to keep moving up the ladder in eye care. Our doctors are passionate about showing you the ropes of the practice and teaching you a variety of new skills on the job. If you are a determined individual and want to learn from the best eye care professionals in the area, then we want to hear from you!
- Strong verbal and written communication to take patients histories and complaints, and documents properly in chart as instructed.
- Checks vision accurately, refracting when necessary, checks patient’s eye pressure, and instills eye drops as needed.
- Performs and evaluates other further testing when necessary.
- Checks exam rooms daily for used instruments to be sterilized and restocked.
- Stocks rooms with adequate supplies as needed to include all exam and surgical rooms. Maintains a list of all stock items to replenish and utilizes this list while stocking to ensure all items are being included.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with HIPAA/OSHA regulations.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms and ocular medications.
- Displays consistent professionalism.
- Must be kind and empathetic to patients.
- Experience or willingness to learn OVF, OCT, GVF, IOL Master, Tonopen, Epic, Camera, Topography, Slit Lamp, Pachs, OSMO, Fundus Photo, Lensmeter, A-Scan, Epi-Glare, Exophthalmometer, Keratometry, Pupil exam, Amslers, Muscle Testing
- Willingness to travel to satellite locations
- No previous work experience in field necessary, but must be enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Paid Continuing Education
- Full benefits package (health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401k) for Full-Time
- Extensive Training program