POSITION: Surgical Scheduler/Patient Liaison
DEPARTMENT: Surgical Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Surgery
Serves as counselor and liaison to patients for Premium Surgical and Treatment Services. Responsible to patients and physicians for implementing and maintaining the highest performance in scheduling protocols including support documentation, patient education and precertification, knowledge of insurance carrier restrictions to confirm all necessary criteria are met prior to surgery and communicated to patient.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsel patient regarding proposed surgical procedure at pre-operative visit.
- Explain the procedure to insure the patient has a high comfort level with the procedure and process
- Discuss implant options and self-pay fees including financing options
- Schedule all related post-surgical/treatment appointments
- Obtain pre-certification from insurance carriers for procedure.
- Communicate self-pay fees to billing department.
- Communicate to patient procedure arrival times and provide pre-operative instructions
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate
- Two to three years’ of surgical scheduling, front desk or practice management experience in the healthcare arena
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM PRIMARYFUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of insurance carrier policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable understanding of electronic health records and computer systems in general