Looking for a change? Raleigh, NC is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, and is ranked as one of the best places to live in the US. Raleigh Ophthalmology is a 10-physician sub-specialty ophthalmology practice with 3 locations in Wake County.
Raleigh Ophthalmology not only offers competitive salaries, we also have some perks that are unheard of these days (semi-annual bonuses, annual scrub allowance, most meetings scheduled during work hours, FREE dental and FREE parking).
Candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of surgery scheduling experience and/or as an ophthalmic assistant with clinical experience working in anterior segment/oculoplastics. Equally important, is the desire and ability to work as a team player, and contribute to a positive and enjoyable work environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Scheduling ophthalmic surgeries with the ambulatory surgery centers and surgical facilities
- Verifying insurance benefits
- Verifying prior authorizations
- Calculating insurance estimates for pre-payments
- Setting appointments for pre-operative testing
- Schedule post-op appointments
- Confirm/fax all IOL orders, etc. for surgery
- Check health issues and ensure updated medical/ocular histories are documented
- Coordinate, complete and verify all required surgery paperwork according to established procedures
- Communicate thoroughly with patients regarding pre-op requirements.
- Facilitate patient surgery day including completion of any outstanding paperwork with patient, complete chart for surgery staff, complete charts after surgery, and scan into EHR.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!