We are a growing, multi-provider, multi-location, ophthalmic practice in the Houston area seeking a FULL TIME surgical coordinator for an Ophthalmology surgical services.
Our practice seeks a fast paced and experienced professional with at least 2 years of related experience. This is a unique opportunity to work as our surgical coordinator and patient educator. Will be responsible for surgery scheduling, paperwork, and patient coordination. Must be extremely organized, detailed and a strong team player.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides patients with pre-op counseling. Schedules appointment dates/times for patients and physicians using computerized scheduling system with ability to assist patients in being compliant in pre-op and post-op regiments.
- Interact with patients, physicians and other staff both within the clinic/ASC and at outside facilities providing accurate, timely and responsive information.
- Coordinate processes and route all paperwork as required to meet physician and facility requirements. Provides accurate, thorough and complete documentation of all information pertinent to patient treatment.
- Returns and responds to all calls relating to scheduling.
- Ensures medical clearances are obtained by patient prior to surgery.
- Obtains authorizations prior to surgery date.
- Ensures insurance verifications are received prior to office visits and procedures.
- Takes payments for office visits, procedures and past due balances.
- Knowledgeable regarding co-management with OD’s and ensures compliance with scheduling of post-operative visits.
- Communicates with MD’s as needed.
- Communicates with assigned physician and surgery center staff to ensure all special supplies are received prior to surgical date and informs ASC of any add on patients.
- Reschedules appointments as needed.
- Helps with other ancillary tasks including but not limited to following up with patients that no-show or cancel surgical appointments, sending H&P orders and consents to outside hospitals, update surgical scheduler protocol handbook, constantly edit consents and documents as processes change, training sessions with our Ophthalmic surgeons, etc.
- Work as a team member within the patient services department and all other departments.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Demonstrate courtesy and helpfulness toward patients and their families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.