Job Title: RN-Ocular Oncology
This position is responsible for assisting the physician while being able to oversee and coordinate the care of ocular oncology patients. Act as patient’s primary contact and patient advocate, providing the highest level of care. Possesses empathy and diligence in all matters related to patient care. Facilitates and collaborates with physician resulting in high patient, provider and employee satisfaction levels.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRAs):
- Facilitates patient appointments at Hamilton Eye Institute while overseeing clinic and clinic schedule
- Acts as liaison with Methodist University Hospital radiation oncology and West Clinic
- Interacts with referral sources from other health care providers, engages patients referred to the disease management program, and refers patients back to their care provider or other resources as appropriate.
- Facilitates integration of patient care by encouragement of effective communications between patients, families, providers, and care system programs, and community-based services.
- Achieves necessary precertification’s
- Execution of FMLA paperwork
- Provides education and self-management support as it relates to managing chronic illness.
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of disease management activities and assists in the electronic health record.
- Maintains confidentiality of information in accordance with department and organizational policies.
- Assists in operating room
- Enrollment in clinical studies if available and Hope Lodge arrangements
- Coordinates all correspondence
- Tracking of pathology and test results
- Ability to read charts to ensure lab tests and reports required are there for physician review
- Medical assessment skills
- Experience with ocular instruments
- Knowledge of GE system and NextGen –a plus, or training will be provided
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Nurse with current license in the State of Tennessee, BSN preferred.
- OCN certified preferred
- 3 years of clinical practice experience with current clinical knowledge as it relates to chronic disease management.
- Experience in effectively collaborating and problem solving with patients and health care team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of quality improvement and understanding of health care.