The Registered Nurse is responsible for a variety of functions in our fast-paced medical practice. This includes direct physician support, general medical office duties, IV therapy, transcription and other projects as assigned by the physician.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Greets and interacts with patients, staff and physicians
- Assists in scheduling surgical procedures
- Performs IV therapy for patients, as needed
- Provides emergency medical care with physician, based on BLS and ACLS guidelines
- Maintains and monitors all pending issues with physician(s), including phone calls, missing dictations, reviews, etc.
- Maintains all drug logs; ensures correct balances at beginning and end of session
- Manages proper set up for all procedures, including equipment maintenance (lens, speculum, etc.)
Education: NJ State RN license required.
Experience: 1-3-years’ experience required; Ophthalmology experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA guidelines, practices and procedures
- Solid computer skills – requirement of MS applications – MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families
- Commitment to outstanding customer service and patient care
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time-management skills; Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.