The Regional Sales Manager is the first level of contact with existing accounts in their assigned territory with I Coat Company. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for sales performance and customer relations. The Regional Sales Manager will utilize corporate tools and applications to document, plan, monitor, and meet sales objectives within their territory. The Regional Sales Manager will develop and maintain strong working relationships with customer service and lab personnel to ensure successful customer relations. This person will consistently achieve established sales goals. The Regional Sales Manager must communicate on an ongoing basis with Director of Sales Manager regarding personal development, sales results, and plans of action. This person must use the knowledge they gain through working in the territory with managers, customer account visits and other communication with their Director of Sales Manager.
- Monitors and analyzes changes in the market, competitor activity and customer base, and adjusts sales plans accordingly.
- Reviews cycle plan, market conditions, I Coat Company expectations and customer needs with Director of Sales Manager to plan territory sales strategy and to refine call schedules; Builds and implements a strategy for all accounts and creates in-depth strategy for key accounts.
- Develops plan with lab personnel on how to achieve sales and lab performance targets.
- Partners with lab personnel to identify and have in-depth understanding of account opportunities and adjust call schedules and business plans accordingly.
- Trains Customer Service Personnel on new products & promotions.
- Varies professional selling approach based on segmentation, audience and ECPs’ business approach.
- Conducts highly effective account seminars for large and small audiences.
- Anticipates and addresses customer needs and issues proactively, resolves customer issues in a timely manner and uses the opportunity build a stronger relationship. Partners with lab when addressing customer needs while maintaining a professional Essilor image.
- Demonstrates an obsession for customer service through customer involvement.
- Uses Meetings, Ride-with’s, Call-ins and the annual review process to identify professional needs and develop skills.
- Completes requested tasks effectively from management and corporate office in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in optical lens sales, lab management work, and/or dispensing Eyewear Prescriptions a huge plus
- Minimal 3-5 years of experience calling on and working with Independent Eye Care Professionals
- Ability to organize (map out), maintain, and grow designated territory by utilizing a routing and customer call cycle system
- Proficiency in customer management software, Microsoft Office Suites software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Customer service orientation required. Customer service experience and/or client relations strongly preferred.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50%