River Valley Eye Professionals has been serving Northfield and the surrounding communities since the 1920s.
We have a proud history of providing comprehensive eye and vision care. Our 6,000 square-foot facility provides for state-of-the-art eye care — from routine procedures to 24-hour urgent care. Whether a patient gets something in their eye, has pink eye, glaucoma or just needs new glasses or contact lenses, we are here to solve their vision and eye health problems.
Our staff includes optometrists and ophthalmologists as well as certified opticians for complete eye and optical services.
River Valley Eye Professionals is currently seeking a part-time receptionist. Our receptionists provide the first and the last impression that each patient experiences with our practice. Our goal is to provide an outstanding patient experience for each individual who contacts us.
This position is best suited to someone who is personable, reliable, energetic and detail oriented. An ability to multi-task, work with people of all ages, and work well with a team is also essential.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude toward patient care. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. We will train the right candidate.
- Greeting and checking in all patients and guests to the practice in a warm and respectful manner
- Answering the telephone, scheduling appointments and maintaining a full appointment schedule
- Confirming appointments by phone and mailing recall reminders
- Instructing patients on any forms and signatures that are needed, ensure proper insurance information is obtained and confirming or updating patient demographics as needed in the electronic health records
- Clerical work including, but not limited to: receiving incoming mail, phone messages, email, medical record transfers or requests, and keeping inventory of office supplies for the work area
- Assisting patients with questions or concerns, including managing distressed patients with patience and understanding. Reporting any patient challenges or concerns to leadership.
- Complying with all patient confidentiality laws and policis
- Helping to keep our providers on schedule and maintaining efficient patient flow through communication with technicians and other receptionists
- Collecting money due for services rendered
- Preparing daily deposits and end of day reports
The receptionist/scheduler should be patient focused and display a desire to work within the practice's values to deliver exceptional customer service
Exhibits the ability to work well within the team environment, supporting all membes of the team in delivering on the patient experience
Must have the ability to maintain a high level of detail orientation despite frequent interruptions. Accuracy and diligence regarding patient records, scheduling and file maintenance is required.
Pace of the Environment
Must be able to work at a fast pace, effectively handling multiple tasks at one time, focusing on patient flow and experience.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Computer skills, inlcuding Microsoft Office and general computer knowledge
- Minimum two years of previous customer service experience
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets
- This is largely a sedentary role, requiring long periods of sitting. However, occasional movement around the clinic and office is required
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
River Valley Eye Professionals is an equal opportunity employer.