Very busy four-physician Retina practice seeking a Receptionist. Previous experience in a medical practice preferred.
Summary: This position is primarily responsible for front desk reception, appointment registration, and patient scheduling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets and registers patients at check-in; obtains insurance cards, photo ID, referrals, and copay; verifies demographic information, insurance eligibility, and registration details
- Schedules patients and finalizes appointments at check-out
- Answers and routes inbound telephone calls
- Receives and routes inbound faxes
- Scans paper documents into EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Enters information into EMR (Electronic Medical Records) accurately
- Reappoints or recalls patients
- Ensures payments are secured until posted
- Balances daily business activities and closes out each days' receipts
- Refreshes waiting room; checks and rotates magazines; picks up anything left behind by patients (empty cups, crushed tissues, etc.); restores chairs to original positions
- Balances petty cash account
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experienced telephone skills
- General knowledge of office equipment
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance including but not limited to: attendance standards, work deadlines, and scheduled work breaks (where applicable)
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data
Problem-Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations
Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
Customer Service – Is pleasant and welcoming to all patients; manages difficult or emotional patient situations; responds promptly to patient needs; solicits patient feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors, and/or any other representatives of external organizations
Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may depend on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include but is not limited to: organizational structure, finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees Accordingly, the employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance
Safety and Security – All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a team-player a must. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Some travel to satellite offices required. EOE.