Very busy four MD Retina practice seeking a Receptionist who MUST have previous experience in a medical practice.
Summary: This position is primarily responsible for the front desk reception by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Check in patients for appointments
- Obtains insurance cards, photo id, referrals and copay.
- Enters information into EMR (Electronic Medical Records) accurately.
- Changes addresses in the EMR system on returned mail and resends.
- Reads the runner tag/route slip to be sure the appropriate appointment as been made; obtains any additional information/copay needed before patient departs.
- Reappoints or recalls patients.
- Experienced telephone skills.
- General knowledge of office equipment.
- Ensures payments are secured until posted.
- Balances daily business activities and closes out each days receipts for the deposit.
- Collects tapes from appropriate credit card terminals.
- Totals and balances all tapes on closeout report.
- Checks magazines for current dates.
- Rotates magazines from drop areas back to the reception room.
- Picks up anything left behind by patients (empty cups, crushed tissues, etc.).
- Straightens and replaces chairs to original positions.
- Balances petty cash account.
- Forwards phones at the end of the day to the physician on call.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and routes to appropriate station.
- Scans paper into charts as needed
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Is pleasant and welcoming to all patients; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees. Accordingly the employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
Safety and Security – All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a team-player a must. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Some travel to satellite offices required. EOE.