Our growing Cosmetic practice is looking for a part-time receptionist. If the qualities listed below sound like you and you are willing and able to work 2-3 days a week, apply now!
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for greeting patients, verifying their demographic and insurance information, answering telephones, checking-in/out all patients, and collecting payments. This individual must enjoy the customer service portion of their position.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Empathetic personality and attention to patient’s needs
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Strong organization with attention to detail
- Honesty, integrity and accuracy
- Uses interpersonal skills effectively to build and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Works and communicates in a positive and cooperative manner with management and supervisory staff, medical staff, coworkers, and other healthcare personnel, and patients and their families when providing information and services, seeking assistance and clarification, and resolving problems.
- Contributes to team efforts.
- Carries out assignments responsibly.
- Participates in a positive and cooperative manner during staff meetings.
- Handles difficult and sensitive situations tactfully.
- Responds well to supervision.
- Shares information with coworkers.
- Assists with training of new employees as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients
- Individual must be able to communicate with patients in a professional and courteous manner
- Verifies patient demographic information
- Must have working knowledge of the insurance card presented at check-in
- Answers multi-line telephone system, takes accurate messages, and transfers telephone calls to appropriate person in an efficient manner
- Schedules, cancels, and re-schedules appointments as necessary
- Identifies emergency calls and schedules appropriately
- Checks-out all patients
- Schedules return appointments for follow-up as necessary
- Collects fees for services
- Posts charges and payments to computer
- Totals and balances cash drawers
- Balances against totals generated by the financial module in the computer
- Prepares daily deposit
- Ensure the confidentiality of medical records and patient account information
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by Ophthalmic Surgeons and Consultants
- Attend training meetings as requested
- Other duties as required