At National Vision, Inc. (NVI), we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
NVI is one of the largest optical retail companies in the United States with over 1,200 stores in 44 states plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. We operate five retail brands: America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision Centers inside select Walmart stores and Vista Optical inside Fred Meyer stores and on select military bases. We employ over 13,000 people including a network of over 2,000 optometrists. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality
Right now we're looking for a Retail Operations Manager – Procurement to join our growing
The Retail Operations Manager - Procurement assists the Company in developing, testing and evaluating policies; procedures; and programs designed for the retail field, as well as managing various vendor relationships and programs. This position will partner with other departments within the company to discern retail store needs, and design new programs to successfully fulfill these requirements in accordance with National Vision Inc. philosophy and established guidelines.Job Description
What Would You Do? The Specifics
- Acts as a positive and effective liaison between the Retail Support Center and the field in championing corporate initiatives.
- Manages select vendor relationships for all store direct orders (i.e. uniforms, print portal, name tags) by communicating with stores and vendors and managing and approving all inventory levels.
- Ensures store to vendor website interfaces work with little to no interruption.
- Examines current programs to determine any areas of opportunity for improvement in supply chain, vendor website organization or integration, and ordering processes.
- Provides training to the field as requested or required, through printed materials, live training, or Portal posts.
- Works with AP to approve invoices and review statements.
- Works with other departments to ensure new Stores have necessary items to open.
- Validates requests from the field or other departments for the modification, creation, or addition of items to the company’s approved catalogs.
- Assists with enhancements, testing, and implementation of Operations Department tools provided to the field.
- Maintains ongoing communication with fellow Operations Personnel, Training Specialists, and Human Resources concerning ideas and issues affecting store performance.
- Supports Retail Operations projects from inception to deployment, ensuring on-time project completion.
- Assists with Retail Operations Training to all field management and associates for all newly acquired divisions.
- Provides training to stores in need of specialized retail/operations training during District Meetings.
- Manages direct report’s communications to the field.
- Acts as a positive and effective liaison between the Retail Support Center Leads, directs, coaches and evaluates direct reports.
- Four year college degree, or equivalent experience resulting in broad knowledge of a field related to the job 7+ years related experience and 2 years related management experience
- 2+ years Training and development experience
- 2 + years Vendor/Procurement experience required
- ABO/NCLE certification and/or State optical dispensing license preferred.
- Intermediate: Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing Experience with Photoshop, Snaggit Editor, or similar is preferred.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.