We are looking for a competent Purchasing/Inventory Agent to monitor and report on the company’s inventory. Your job is important since the efficient handling of the company’s products and supplies is critical for the attainment of business goals.
A successful purchasing/inventory agent is a reliable professional with excellent record-keeping abilities. They possess great attention to detail and a business mindset.
The goal is to ensure that all business operations have adequate material to achieve their objectives.
Job Responsibilities: Purchasing/Inventory Agent
Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
1. Job Duties:
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and to identify shortages
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand
- Ensure stock does not go out of date prior to utilization
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
- Collaborate with staff to ensure business goals are met
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
2. Skills and Qualifications:
- Supply Management
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Vendor Relationships
- Customer Service
- Documentation Skills
- Supply Management
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position preferred
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy