A well-established ophthalmology practice seeks an experienced Medical Practice Administrator. Our ideal candidate has experience in operational and financial management in an ophthalmology or other medical/surgical practice. Suitable candidates should have strong leadership, financial analysis, and communication skills. You will manage the day-to-day operations ensuring that the practice is running smoothly and creating a positive patient experience. Work closely with the Physicians to define objectives and goals for the clinic.
- Provides direction, support, administration and education for day-to-day business operations including revenue enhancement, expense management, patient and employee satisfaction, and hiring, onboarding, coaching, disciplinary action, termination, and evaluation of personnel.
- Full Profit and Loss responsibility of the physician practice, including revenue, expenses and budgeting.
- Financial reporting.
- Actively participates in setting, monitoring and achieving goals for the practice.
- Problem solving and addressing issues raised by physicians, employees, and patients.
- Responsible for carrying out all established policies.
- Regulatory Compliance.
- IT functions - oversee computer systems including PM and EMR software.
- Payroll activities including time and attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Skill in organization policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Skill in fiscal management and human resource management techniques.
- Skill in accounting, insurance billing and collecting, and budgets.
- Knowledge of current medical terminology, ICD and CPT coding practices
- Computer literacy- Experience with EMR, PM systems.
- High degree of efficiency with Excel and Word.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound problem solving, and decision-making.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation and directional initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Accounting or Financial Accounting related field required.
- Practice administration experience.
- Prefer direct leadership experience in a physician group practice.
- Requires high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, decision-making and self-direction to accomplish multiple goals of client practices.