JOB DESCRIPTION: OPHTHALMIC MEDICAL PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR
JOB SUMMARY: Position works in concert with the physician-owner to administer a medical/surgical eye practice and a retail optical shop co-located in a practice-owned exclusively-used building and operating as two separate but codependent business entities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· At least 5 years of hospital or medical practice management experience, preferably with an eye care practice. Accounting experience, baccalaureate or associate degree, and/or business administration experience is a plus
· Previous experience in physician office bulling, accounts payable, tax reporting and budgeting.
· Previous experience in personnel management, medical licensing, hospital practice requirements, and payroll administration systems.
· Knowledge of medical compliance, personnel law, workplace safety, Medicare and HIPAA.
· Demonstrated leadership, organization and communications skills.
· Financial Operations – Oversight of financial operations, directly responsible for disbursements, budgeting, tax reporting and safekeeping of practice assets. Supervisory responsibility for billing, collections, information systems and insurance processing.
· Personnel Management – Supervises entire office staff and subordinate managers/team leaders. Responsible for administration of payroll and training of office staff.
· Planning and Practice Development – Monitors local market, reviews and identifies opportunities for growth, establishes goals. Supervisory responsibility for marketing and patient development.
· Practice Liaison – Coordinates practice dealings with local hospitals and surgery centers, legal counsel, accountants, information technology consultants, business partners, vendors and office service contractors (janitorial, maintenance, repair, shredding, yard work, etc).
· Regulatory Compliance – Ensures regulatory compliance and quality standards, including OSHA, HIPAA and CMS/EHR practices, rules and regulations. Monitors quality performance and effective methods of measuring performance.
· Facility, Equipment, Inventory and Supplies – Oversight of the facility and all medical equipment, ensuring proper operation, maintenance and repair. Establishes inventory and supply controls, especially for pharmaceuticals and surgery supplies, including access controls and records.