North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat is looking to hire an energetic Patient Service Representative for our Durham Optical Center.
Job duties and responsiblities may include any of the following:
- Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing next day preparation activities. Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts. Pick up X-rays, office charts, medical records, reports, petty cash and collections bag. File history sheets, ancillary reports and all other required patient record documentation. Return medical records. Attach HIPPA/Medicare documents to the encounter forms. Verify patient’s routine vision benefits, enter into Maestro Care.
- Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice. Identify correct patient information in Maestro Care. Verify patient demographic data. Edit Maestro Care as needed. Accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit. Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure. Completes all Maestro Care check-in files and manage all appropriate alerts. Collect and post co-payments and balances on accounts due. Imprint all patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents. Copy, file and distribute insurance cards as indicated by procedure. Coordinate all labs/procedures as requested. Maintain private physician office charts.
- Direct flow of the optical department.
- Prepare encounter forms. Investigate and account for missing encounter forms. Audit encounter forms for completeness and accuracy before batching. Batches encounter forms or charge posting in Maestro Care.
- Schedule tests and procedures. Complete and distribute ancillary service requisitions.
- Explain billing to patients according to PRMO credit and collection policies. Determine the amount of cash to be collected based on insurance plan.
- Check-out patients. Make return appointments by scheduling patients into the correct appointment type, entering the primary care physician or referring physician and scheduling tests and procedures. Collect fees related to contact lens evaluations. Refer patient to optical staff for contact lens/glasses purchase.
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and others. Report obtained medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately, completely and timely. Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards
- Post optical insurance payments in Officemate
- Enter and submit vision plan claims on payer websites.
- Monitor claims that are delinquent in being paid and contact insurance company or other party as needed. Follows up on claims.
Please submit a resume to be considered for this position.