The Patient Care Technician will work with registered nurses, and is responsible for maintaining a safe area for the patient by practicing proper aseptic technique and using a good working knowledge of the procedure by anticipating the surgeon’s needs in performing the procedure.
· Assists with patient admission.
· Assist in preparation of the surgical site.
· Assist in the recovery and discharge of the patient.
· Assists RN with material management of surgical department
· Collects, reports, and documents simple nursing tasks or skills.
· Communicates and performs patient transport to pre op area from waiting room or to front door for discharge.
· Provides a clean environment.
· Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment.
· Performs clerical tasks.
Education and Job Experience Preferred
- Three to six months related experience and/or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of BLS (Basic Life Support) with appropriate renewal preferred.
- Experience in a medical environment and knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
- Willing to participate in continuing education in the medical field for the duration of employment.