Very busy four physician retina practice seeking an experienced person to collect medical Patient Accounts Receivable.
This position is primarily responsible for patient accounts receivable. This position is also responsible for following-up and collection, documentation regarding same, working with supervisor to review problem accounts and identifying necessary action to be taken.
Must have experience with insurance company processes and the ability to read and understand explanation of benfits (EOB) to verify whether insurance or patient is responsible for the claim.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for full collection procedures on all patients.
- Generates monthly A/R report for all accounts 60 days and over, for all pay classes.
- Calls those accounts which are 60 days past due.
- Establishes possible payment plans if appropriate and agreeable.
- Maintains daily log of patients from whom the practice is expecting payment; follows-up on non-payments.
- Works with supervisor to determine which accounts over 90 days need appropriate action.
- Monitors the results of previous letters; sends stronger letters if no activity has resulted.
- Meets with the supervisor of the accounts receivable department weekly to discuss problem accounts and plans for upcoming week.
- Monitors daily appointment schedules to become aware of scheduled patients with open balances exceeding 90 days; calls patients prior to their arrival.
- Takes calls directed to the accounts receivable department from patients and/or insurance carriers.
- Discusses accounts with patients and provides whatever information is required by insurance companies in order to get claim paid.
- Reviews the accounts Aging Analysis Report monthly to determine the accounts requiring immediate attention (60 days and over $500 balance are priority). These accounts are to be entered onto worksheets and worked at once.
- Generates patient bills on the first of each month and electronically sends to processor.
- Processes credit card payments received online.
- Uploads and processes patient telephone notices for unpaid balances.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees. Accordingly the employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a team-player a must. Knowledge of Excel is preferred. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. EOE.