DEPARTMENT: Primary Eye Care
Job Summary: The individual will be responsible for primary eye care and medical management of eye diseases within the scope of licensure. Expectations will be for a skill set in specialty contact lenses as well as pre-operative and post-operative management of anterior segment surgery and LASIK.
Education and Experience:
1. Licensed optometrist in the states of Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
2. Two years experience.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
1. Provider of quality patient eye care.
2. Analytical problem-solving skills.
3. Strong organization with attention to detail.
4. Empathetic personality with concern for patients’ needs.
1. Patient Care
a. Co-manages the medical/surgical patient, whenever feasible.
b. Performs patient examinations within the scope of licensure.
c. Performs emergency patient examinations.
d. Manages contact lens and Optical department operations:
· Creates and implements a revenue goal for the contact lens and Optical department.
· Creates and implements, with the bookkeeper and medical director, a contact lens and Optical department budget.
· Maximizes contact lens examinations.
· Provides contact lens instruction to patient, for insertion and removal.
· Manages and operationally administers contact lenses and Optical:
- Ordering of lens supplies and solutions
3. Communities and Practice Growth
a. Grows optometric and ophthalmology practice.
a. Develops a leadership role in the practice to assist the physician partners.
Develops leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities