What you'll do...
- Will support Sr. Director and the Director over WMH Dental, Optometry & Audiology in various compliance initiatives and activities specific to the dental and/or optometry service line. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support growth into new states, evaluate need for state/local-specific variations from the existing compliance program, and adjust the compliance program to meet new or different requirements;
- Manage and assess/monitor the existing compliance program controls to ensure effectiveness and promote continuous improvement; and
- Engage with relevant Compliance SMEs on issues such as credentialing, billing compliance, etc.
- Directs the consistency of compliance and ethics in area of responsibility by responding to compliance questions and issues ; monitoring laws and regulations for specified area; directing research on laws, regulations, policies, and procedures ; drafting and updating policies and standard operating procedures with input from leadership; communicating information to associates; monitoring compliance and ethics questions for potential gaps; and recommending and developing strategies for identified compliance and ethics gaps.
- Analyzing necessary data ; creating reports on findings; communicating findings to senior leadership; and completing follow up with field and home office based on findings in reports.
- Manages the development, execution, and maintenance of legislation assessment strategy by reviewing research on relevant proposed legislation; determining implications of legislation on business area; developing plans to adapt to proposed legislation; managing the classification and prioritization of relevant legislation; leading the development and management of a data management program to catalog all legislation and administrative rulemaking to identify predictive trends; developing long-term national and global regulatory forecasts; and managing gap analysis studies to identify and react to future regulatory obligations.
- Manages research on high-impact proposed regulatory issues to serve as a subject matter expert to the business; managing third-party research and development studies on proposed policy and relevant provisions; identifying internal and external stakeholders likely to be impacted by proposed policies or provisions ; researching global regulatory trends; leading impact assessments of proposed policies or provisions; and evaluating research and predictive trends to provide recommendations to leadership.
- Develops recommendations for corporate positions on various overarching issues by reconciling research into refined message for review ; managing the analysis, reconciliation, and summary of background research ; formalizing statements in response to issues and concerns ; and presenting impact analyses to leadership. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 4 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience. 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification