The Eye and Laser Center is a medical pillar of the community. We pursue excellence with every patient encounter to ensure the best possible outcomes. We are a high-paced, rapidly growing practice with a family atmosphere. We are looking for an optometrist that provides excellent eye care visual examinations, including those conducted to identify the presence of pathology. Conducts detection and differential diagnosis of abnormal visual, ocular and/or systematic conditions. Provides complete high quality optometric/vision care services to members. Our patient population is pathology dense. If you are looking to do more than spin dials in a practice, The Eye and Laser Center has vast opportunity to diagnose and treat a wide variety of diseases.
• Upholds The Eye and Laser Center’s Policies and Procedures and applicable state, federal, and local laws.
• Provides treatment of the visual system within the scope of optometric licensure, including writing prescriptions for ophthalmic spectacles, contact lenses, orthoptics and non-optical aids.
• Provides additional specialized testing and therapy such as contact lens examinations, visual fields (perimetry), tonometry, orthoptics (for therapy of amblyopia, suppression, diplopia, extraocular muscle problems, and associated conditions), low vision evaluation (for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with subnormal vision not correctable with standard opthalmic appliances), fluorescein angiography (for diagnosing and documenting ocular conditions) and ocular photography (for photo examination of the external and internal structures of the eye under the direction of Ophthalmologist).
• Maintains compliance with all current organizational, state and federal regulations pertaining to Optometry.
• Reports and coordinates with the Clinical Director to ensure patient satisfaction and promote best practices.
• Works effectively as a team member with other areas of The Eye and Laser Center which includes Optical Lab and Optical Dispensing.
• Promotes patient satisfaction by ensuring the provision of a high level of quality of service and care.
• Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations with the public, patients, and other personnel.
• May perform other duties as required.
Required: One year of post-graduate work as a licensed optometrist.
Preferred: Three years of post-graduate work as a licensed optometrist working with ophthalmologist in a high intensity, pathology dense, practice. Experience in medical management of ocular conditions through either previous employment in ophthalmology practice or residency training, experience with post IOL management, Specialty Fit contact lens ( RGP, Keratoconus, Scleral lens).
• Graduate of an accredited school or college of Optometry.
• Unencumbered South Carolina License.
• National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to apply the principles, theories, practices and techniques of optometric practice, including anatomy, physiology, pathology and mechanics of the human eye, visual processes and detailed knowledge of ocular pharmacology and therapeutics.
• The ability for some schedule flexibility. Currently, we are an 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday practice.
The Eye and Laser Center does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.