Join one of the oldest and most-loved optometric practices in Maryland!
This is an opportunity to join and help build the future of a three-generation, private optometry practice that has been in continual operation for 80 years. We are a bedrock in the community and serve more than 10,000 patients in the greater Baltimore-Annapolis area. We pride ourselves on exceptional, personal patient care, and as a result many of our patients are now the 2nd and 3rd generations to see us exclusively. That sense of community is a core part of our company culture. We have a dynamic, thriving office environment where we work hard to make sure everyone shines.
In response to our growing patient base, we are in the process of dramatically expanding our practice. Many exciting things are happening, including building out new medical suites with top-of-the-line exam equipment, building a new conference room, adding to our already large frame selection area, and tweaking our company name from Woolf & Woolf to Woolf Eye Lab. We are looking for a new full time OD to join our practice.
- Primary care and emergency medical-based optometry
- Diabetic and glaucoma exams
- Pre- and post-op surgical care
- Fitting and prescribing contact lenses
- Co-manage cases with our vision therapist and our cadre of vision specialists (retinal surgeons, glaucoma specialists, LASIK surgeons, etc)
Equipment we use:
- All medical exam suites have digital refracting systems
- Zeiss OCT with Angio
- Corneal Topographer
- Optos Daytona
- Humphry Visual Field Analyzer
We offer a competitive, full-time benefits package worth up to $162,000 annually. This includes a CE allowance, a membership to the Maryland Optometric Association, malpractice insurance reimbursement, licensing fee, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, paid holidays, a salary range of $109,000 - $135,000/ year and the opportunity to earn an annual bonus of up to $25,000.
- License in good standing in the State of Maryland
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required
- Experience with Officemate and Examwriter a plus
- Accredited residency in Optometry preferred
- Ability to work one or more Saturdays a month
- Ability to work some early evenings