At the Optical Center Inside CVS, our mission is to help people on their path to better health, and look great while doing it. Our focus is world class quality of patient care, combined with best in class customer service and technology to deliver an outstanding eyecare and eyewear experience. We offer flexible work schedules and a competitive compensation packages. As part of the largest pharmacy healthcare company in the US, a career with the Optical Center Inside CVS offers opportunity for leadership growth and development.
The Employed Optometrist is responsible for delivering key results through our brand pillars: innovation, collaboration, caring, integrity, and accountability. The Optometrist is a leader within the organization, and is the primary person responsible for ensuring great patient outcomes thru quality of care and best in class patient experiences. This individual is also responsible for ensuring proper staff clinical performance and behaviors. Exceptional organization skills are required for success in this role, in addition to collaboration with multiple stakeholders within and outside the organization.
* Committed to great clinical and experiential outcomes through:
- NPS – would the patient refer to a friend or family
- Addressing all of the patients visual occupational and lifestyle needs
- Thoroughly explains each step of the exam process
- Actively listens to the patients concerns and questions
- Provide the patient with an assessment of their overall eye health and vision performance
* Conducts all professional services in accordance with state licensure guidelines and professional standards of care. Follows internal clinical protocols and professional referral guidelines.
* Ensures patient receive accurate diagnosis and treatment plan on initial visit
* Builds rapport with the patient to understand needs
* Strong communication and collaboration with optical staff to ensure a seamless patient experience
* Provides on the job training and guidance as needed for optical leaders and associates
- Clinical standards orientation
- Front desk/check in procedures
- Appointment timelines communication
- Associate “Think on your feet” behaviors
- Explaining of all preliminary and OD clinical tests.
- Contact Lens Training
- Phone greeting skills
* Collaborates and communicates routinely with Optical Manager office strengths and opportunities
* Takes pride in the appearance of the office and exam lanes
* Leverage technology to enhance the overall patient experience and ensure proper patient follow up
* Maintain and ensure proper medical equipment calibration and maintenance