Vision To Learn is a non-profit organization that provides free eye exams and free glasses to students in low-income communities to give them every chance to succeed in school and in life. The program was founded in Los Angeles in 2012 and has since expanded to schools in over 300 cities throughout areas of California, Delaware, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Virginia, Georgia, New Jersey, North Carolina and now throughout Hawaii.
Since our inception, Vision To Learn has made examined over 200,000 students and provided over 165,000 children with free glasses. Vision To Learn partners with school districts to provide eye exams to children in low-income communities with unmet needs for glasses. Our mobile eye clinics arrive at the school on a pre-scheduled date. We see an average of 25 students daily on our mobile clinic.
Vision To Learn is seeking a qualified optometrist licensed to practice in Delaware. The position will be 2 days/week. Key position responsibilities will include:
- Providing primary vision evaluations: Check VA’s, assess binocular vision, perform a full refraction, prescribe appropriate correction, and assess ocular health
- Prescribing vision devices: Test patients on all applicable equipment to determine the most suitable for his/her condition, and instruct patients in the proper use of the equipment
- Properly documenting patient diagnoses in the internal systems
- Must be able to commute, ideally to South Delaware on occasion (mobile clinic)
- Must pass Department of Justice background check and drug test
- Successful track record of working with children
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experienced using EMR systems. Microsoft Office experience a plus
- Spanish-speaking or other foreign languages a plus
Successful candidates will have a proven track record for success, with positive, proactive attitudes who are dedicated to our mission. Vision To Learn is a rapidly growing organization, and team players are critical to our collective success.
For more information, please visit www.visiontolearn.org.