Vision To Learn is a non-profit organization that provides free eye exams and free glasses to elementary students in low-income communities to give them every chance to succeed in school and in life.
The program was founded in Los Angeles in 2012, and has since expanded to schools throughout the areas of California, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Maryland, and Michigan. To learn more, please visit www.visiontolearn.org.
Vision To Learn is seeking a qualified optometrist licensed to practice in Pennsylvania. The position will be in Pittsburgh 2+ days/week. Key position responsibilities will include:
- Providing primary vision evaluations: Check VA’s, assess binocular vision, perform a full refraction, prescribe appropriate correction, and assess ocular health
- Properly documenting patient diagnoses in the internal system
- Must be able to commute (mobile clinic)
- Must pass Department of Justice background check and drug test
- Successful track record of working with children
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experienced using EMR systems. Microsoft Office experience a plus
- Spanish-speaking or other foreign languages a plus
Successful candidates will have a proven track record for success, with positive, proactive attitudes who are dedicated to our mission.
Vision To Learn is a rapidly growing organization, and team players are critical to our collective success. For more information, please visit www.visiontolearn.org.