What you'll do...
As primary health care providers, Doctor of Optometry (ODs), take a leading role in patient care with respect to eye and vision care as well as general health and well-being. Optometrists can diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, disorders, and injuries of the eye and related structure, as well as address systemic conditions that can affect the eyes.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate patients’ health condition within the full vision center scope of service to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment in accordance with optometry scope and practice per state board.
- Perform comprehensive eye examinations using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, focus and coordination.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests; provide additional treatment as necessary.
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and any co-management with external healthcare professionals as needed.
- Prescribe and fit glasses, contact lenses and other visual aids.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and engagement in all patient interactions.
- Assists vision center staff on best practices and procedures, ensuring adherence to state, local and federal healthcare regulations and Walmart vision center guidelines.
*This job description is merely a summary and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
Doctor of Optometry (OD) from an accredited optometry school
Valid state optometry license
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.