Why You’ll Love This Job
Evanston Eye Wellness is looking for an Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant to contribute in their community-minded, single doctor private office in Evanston, IL. They are looking for an intelligent, friendly, outgoing person who is looking to learn more and work with a team.
We offer the highest quality eyecare with the most thorough attention to personal care and treatment. Enjoy a dynamic medical and retail environment with great teamwork and managerial support. Paid vacation, paid holidays, eyecare benefits, and a bonus system come with this rewarding position!! This is a career where you will be busy, have lots of fun with patients and your co-workers, and will continue to learn for years to come.
Prior optical experience is helpful, however, we are willing to train the right person to be our Optometric Technician. If you are ready to learn, and this sounds like you, apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities:
- Assists the Optometrist with all scheduled appointments
- Preparation of patients to be seen by doctor
- Performance of diagnostic tests and appropriate documentation
- Contact Lens insertion and removal training
- Maintain supplies and cleanliness of exam and testing rooms and equipment
Optometric Technician Qualifications:
- Strong history of patient-focused customer service
- Ability to multi-task/adaptable
- Willing to be cross-trained and help as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience in an Optometry setting a plus but not required