About Center For Sight:
Located in Sarasota, FL, Center For Sight is one of the leading multi-specialty eye and skin care practices in the United States. With 8 area locations, 28 doctors, and 250 amazing staff members, we are the largest practice in Southwest Florida, managing over 100,000 patient visits per year system-wide. We operate out of our own AAAHC accredited ASC, located within our central office in Sarasota, and perform over 10,000 surgery cases per year.
Sarasota, Florida – West Coast:
Sarasota boasts an outstanding quality of life with many amenities. Our Siesta Key Beach was named the #1 Beach in the USA in 2017, and there is a vibrant arts and culture scene in addition to the endless outdoor activities families can enjoy. Pine View School, Sarasota County’s gifted magnet program, was ranked the best public high school in the State of Florida. With its beautiful beaches, no state income tax, and rapidly growing population, Sarasota provides an idyllic opportunity to live and work in paradise.
An Optometric Tech assists physicians, optometrists, and other technical support personnel by performing diagnostic tests necessary for evaluation of patient eye problems. Additionally, he or she performs basic ophthalmic testing procedures as directed by the physician or supervisor including, but not limited to: history taking, visual acuity, lensometry, tonometry, motility, visual fields, pupil assessment, administering dilation or anesthetic drops, keratometry, retinoscopy, and refractometry refinemet. They may also perform various clerical, stocking, and maintenance functions.
Essential Job Functions:
Participates in the delivery of patient care in an effective manner as evidenced by company standards and policies
Performs stocking and maintenance functions as evidenced by inventory
- Maintains physical environment of exam and procedure rooms as evidenced by company standards and policies
- Performs various clerical functions such as; calling the pharmacy, recording prescriptions in patient charts, and filing test results, forms, and letters in medical records
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the work place as evidenced by company standards and policies
- Interacts with patients and visitors in a courteous manner as evidenced by company standards and policies
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients and co-workers; demonstrates respect for individual, cultural, and social differences
- Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the work environment
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs, and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings. Supports the development of other staff
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes health, life, disability and dental insurance, Matching 401K plan, generous vacation and holiday pay, and many employee discounts.
Drug and Smoke Free Workplace