With Hutto Family Eye Care, you will work with an amazing, highly skilled team in a fun, dynamic atmosphere under the guidance of great leadership. No optometry experience? No problem! Take advantage of on-the-job training and continuing education classes to learn the skills you need to grow your Optometric Technician career.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with excellent customer service skills to help guide patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them and choosing the perfect eyewear. Live your best life with perks and benefits that include a retirement plan, paid time off and health and dental insurance.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities:
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Perform pre-examination testing
- Assist the Optometrist as needed
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care and replacement
Optometric Technician Qualifications
- A dependable, team player
- Able to quickly learn technology skills
- Willing to cross-train in the optical department
- Efficient, organized and resourceful
- Excellent people skills with a calming presence
- Computer literate w/ a strong typing speed
- No experience necessary; we train
- In-Office Training and Study Materials Available for Certifications
- Financial Allowances for Certifications and Continuing Education
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Extensive Vision Benefits for both Employees and Family Members
- Paid Holidays & Time Off
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Great Office & Team Atmosphere
- NO weekend hours
The position is full time, Monday through Friday.
Are you ready to join our team?
*Please submit application in PDF format.
**Please do not call to check the status of an employment application, we do not give out status updates. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the manager hiring for that position.**