The candidate selected for this position will help to develop a center of excellence for a state-of-the-art ophthalmology practice within extremely busy optical retailer.
We are seeking an individual with front desk experience eager to learn ophthalogy diagnostic skills for a very innovative professional company that is involved in providing patients with remote refractions and eye health exams via tele-ophthalmology. Experience is preferred, but not required. We are willing to train.
Candidate must have an upbeat positive personality, is articulate, maintain excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to grow in an evolving professional services, and support of new cutting edge ophthalmic technology.
Position is located in San Francisco California.
Preferred, but not Required Duties of Optometric Assistant:
- Patient registration and intake via EMR
- Patient scheduling and coordination
- Interfacing with optical retailer Proper medical history taking
- Measure visual acuities at distance and near utilizing the appropriate test
- Perform preliminary screening tests
- A minimum of 1years’ experience as an Optometric Assistant or Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Basic office equipment and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in quality improvement
- Bi-lingual (English & Mandarin) a plus, but not required
- Flexibility to work weekends
What We Offer:
2 weeks’ vacation accrued during the first year of employment.
5 sick/personal days
Health benefits with company contribution for single coverage
401KAmeriflex FSAAnnual pair of eyeglasses with exam