NC Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat, P.A. has an immediate need for an EXPERIENCED Optometric Technician. Position is full-time, Monday - Friday. We have one position open in our Cary, NC office and one position open in our Durham, NC office (North Durham).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist Optometrist by obtaining patient information and clinical data that will aid in the diagnosis and management of ocular related conditions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Obtain case and medical history.
2. Perform preliminary vision screening including but not limited to: Review of systems, HPI, visual acuity assessment, color vision, stereopsis, tonometry, auto refraction, slit lamp.
3. Understand and have the ability to perform when medically necessary fundus photography, OCT & visual fields.
4. Affluent with current contact lens technology, modalities, basic contact lens fitting.
5. Understand and perform refraction.
6. Order trial lenses, maintain stock of contact lenses and have the ability to teach insertion and removal with all contact lens designs.
7. Understand the basics of ocular disease and management as well as refractive properties of light.
8. Maintain cleanliness of exam lanes and contact lens areas.
9. Understand electronic medical software and general optometric billing.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Clinical Ophthalmology Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
High school diploma or equivalent. NCLE, ABO and CPO certifications preferred. 1-3 years of related optometry/vision care experience. Extensive medically necessary contact lens experience is preferred. Working knowledge of OfficeMate is also preferable. Must be able to understand basic mathematical concepts. Requires excellent communication skills and a keen understanding of patients with sensory impairment. Must be able to express a caring attitude while performing tasks required with accuracy and efficiency.
To learn more about NCEENT please visit our website at http://www.nceent.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer