Triangle Visions Optometry has a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team. For over 40 years Triangle Visions Optometry has been dedicated to serving the eye care needs of central North Carolina. We are looking for an experinced Optometric Technician to work in our Durham office.
Position: Optometric Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare / Retail
Reports to: General Manager
Hours: Must be able to work within a retail office schedule including two Saturdays per Month if needed.
A rewarding position for an individual that is highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and customer-service focused. Responsible for handling front desk reception, administration, and medical pretesting duties to a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first.
- Greet all office guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Operate a multi-line phone system.
- Maintain a database of correct patient information.
- Efficiently schedule appointments for multiple doctors across several offices.
- Act as a liaison between patients and insurance companies to verify insurance benefits.
- Educate patients on their individual insurance coverage and options.
- Correctly invoice insurance and patients.
- Accurately process patient payment transactions using point of sale software.
- Analyze, solve, and correct customer service issues using the LEAP technique (Listen, Empathize, Ask, and Produce).
- Keep accurate daily accounting records.
- Cultivate an organized and orderly atmosphere.
- Efficiently complete and precisely document appropriate pre-testing of visual acuity, eye movement, intraocular pressure (IOP), retinal photos, visual field and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Instruct patients on correct contact lens wear, care, insertion and removal.
- Accurately order, stock and dispense contact lens supplies.
- Achieve established Front Desk Associate and Optometric Technician goals and objectives.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- AA or BA/BS desired
- 1-3 years prior optical experience preferred.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Interest in healthcare
- Strong communication skills
- Must present a professional appearance
- Some in city travel required.
Compensation is commensurate on experience. Benefits include paid training, paid vacation, holidays, matching 401(k), medical and vision coverage.
Please highlight the above skills when replying with your resume.