Nappanee Family Eyecare is a full service and expanding optometry office with state of art technology and patient focused care in a friendly & pleasant setting. We are seeking a highly motivated Optometric Assistant to work in our Clinical Care (exam technician & scribe) area approx. 3-4 days/week. This individual must be reliable, detail oriented, yet friendly and caring at the same time.
Job responsibilities include:
- Pre-exam testing of patients in preparation for the doctor
- Completing comprehensive medical history
- Preparing & assisting the Dr. with electronic medical records during the exam
- Perform testing such as Auto-lensometry, Auto-refraction, Optomap imaging, Icare Tonometry, Visual Field Testing, OCT, Fundus Photography, and other ancillary testing. Training would be available but experience in these areas is an advantage to applicants
- Understanding various spectacle lenses and some knowledge of contact lenses is an advantage to applicants
- Professional Uniforms
- Paid time off after 6 months of employment
- Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Vision Care Service & Products to individual & immediate family
- Bonus Program eligibility after 1 year employment
- Simple IRA eligibility after 2 years employment
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Optometric experience preferred, but willing to train.
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail combined with interpersonal skills necessary
Applicants may apply below!