Position: Optometric Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare / Retail
Reports to: General Manager
Hours: Must be able to work within a retail office schedule including occasional Saturdays.
A rewarding position for an individual that is highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and customer-service focused. Responsible for handling front desk reception, administration, and medical pretesting duties to a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first.
• Greet all office guests in a professional and friendly manner.
• Operate a multi-line phone system.
• Maintain a database of correct patient information.
• Efficiently schedule appointments for multiple doctors across several offices.
• Act as a liaison between patients and insurance companies to verify insurance benefits.
• Educate patients on their individual insurance coverage and options.
• Correctly invoice insurance and patients.
• Accurately process patient payment transactions using point of sale software.
• Analyze, solve, and correct customer service issues using the LEAP technique (Listen, Empathize, Ask, and Produce).
• Keep accurate daily accounting records.
• Cultivate an organized and orderly atmosphere.
• Efficiently complete and precisely document appropriate pre-testing of visual acuity, eye movement, intraocular pressure (IOP), retinal photos, visual field and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
• Instruct patients on correct contact lens wear, care, insertion and removal.
• Accurately order, stock and dispense contact lens supplies.
• Achieve established Front Desk Associate and Optometric Technician goals and objectives.
• All other duties as assigned by management.
• AA or BA/BS desired
• 1-3 years prior optical experience preferred.
• Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
• Interest in healthcare
• Strong communication skills
• Must present a professional appearance
• Some in city travel required.