America's Best is part of National Vision, one of the largest and fastest-growing optical retailers in the United States. The America’s Best brand continues to grow, with 800 stores and counting. Each location combines both parts of the optical equation – eyewear and eye care – into one excellent experience at a single low price
For more details about America's Best, visit AmericasBest.com.
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
The optometric technician is key for keeping patient flow efficient, assisting the optometrist by conducting pre-screenings and testing prior to the Doctor’s examination. The valuable vision tests they conduct help the optometrist provide the best care possible. This position does not require optical experience or certification, training provided!
How would you like to have Sundays off? Yes, every Sunday we are closed!Job Description
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Ensure high quality patient care.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s office and pretest room.
- Understand ocular terminology and diseases and know the ocular abbreviations.
- Explain to the patient the types of preliminary examinations.
- Complete necessary paperwork and perform testing on patients prior to doctor examination.
- Promote visual field testing and retinal screenings to eligible patients.
- Perform exam pre-screening.
- Review prescriptions and/or patient information carefully and identify special needs. Consult with the optician, Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
- Ensure equipment, both Doctor’s and pre-test, is properly maintained.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Previous retail/optical experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to customers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Multitasking and time-management skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
Taking care of our people
We understand the importance of financial health and security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation to all Associates – including bonus potential for every position in the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide training programs, access to educational courses and pride ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from within.
Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.