We are a relatively new private optometry practice and optical store located Northwest of Austin. We are looking to hire an Optician with experience to become a part of our team. In addition to the duties of an optician, we are in need of a general office coordinator to fill in where needed as part of a general medical practice.
The mission of our Board Certified Optometrist(s) and experienced ophthalmic professionals is to provide the highest quality eye care with cutting edge technology and equipment and a devout interest in continued education in the field of optometry. In addition to clinical excellence, we strive to offer the best and widest selection of eye wear in the industry. Our greatest concern is to provide exceptional customer service. We do so by going above and beyond to build a strong positive presence in the community while showing genuine and continued interest in building rapport and loyalty with patients.
Our business mission corresponds to our work environment. We are a tight nit team of professionals who all strive to make the rest of the team happy. We work hard to make the work place pleasant and efficient. We are a transparent office where every opinion is valued, constructive criticism is encouraged and received well, and communication is respected. Customer service is the primary objective for all staff. Greeting patients with a smile, going above and beyond and adding a personal white glove touch to service is our motto.
We are currently hiring a full-time experienced Optician/Office Coordinator willing to learn and cross-train in all aspects of the practice. Candidate will also serve as an office coordinator directly reporting to the doctor and practice manager.
Pay rate, benefits, and incentives commensurate with experience.
- High school diploma
- GED, Associates or Undergrad degree a plus
- Health Care Trade School Diploma a plus
- Non-licensed Optician – over 3 years’ experience preferred
- Licensed Optician – over 2 years’ experience preferred
- Experience working with an EMR/EHR system preferred; experience with Revolution EHR a major plus
- Must be proficient with: (lensometer, accurate transcriptions, equations, repairs, CL fittings, etc)
- Strong team working skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong sales skills and drive to exceed sales targets, but not in a pushy over-bearing manner
- Ability to present and sell eyeglasses, features, and specialty lenses
- Excellent customer service skills, showing a true interest in each patient to reference from visit to visit
- High attention to details; reviews prescriptions and identifies special needs
- Desire to read industry articles and publications to stay abreast of best practices and keep the optical up to modern standards
- Interpretation of prescriptions written by ophthalmologists and optometrists
- Collection of eye measurements including corneal width and thickness
- Helping clients select eyeglass and lens treatments including tints and coatings
- Creating work orders for lab technicians to ensure delivery of the proper lenses
- Adjusting eyeglasses to ensure a proper fit
- Order, organize, and maintain all materials inventory
- Monitor pricing and turnover of inventory
- Repairing broken frames
- Educating clients on proper eyeglass and contact lens care
- Keeping track of orders, prescriptions, and inventory
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Sell goods such as contact lenses, spectacles, sunglasses, and other goods related to eyes in general.
- Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames in order to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients' vocational and avocational visual requirements.
- Instruct clients in how to wear and care for eyeglasses.
- Determine clients' current lens prescriptions, when necessary, using lensometers or lens analyzers and clients' eyeglasses.
- Show customers how to insert, remove, and care for their contact lenses.
- Repair damaged frames.
- Obtain a customer's previous record, or verify a prescription with the examining optometrist or ophthalmologist.
- Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise.
- Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
- Answer phones, greet patients, schedule appointments.
- Verify insurance, educate patients about the insurance plan, file vision claims.
- Meet with supplier representatives on a regular basis to support inventory management
- Reconcile vendor statements with job orders for Accounts Payables.