We have an exciting opportunity for an Optician to work at Grand Rapids Ophthalmology, a partner of Blue Sky Vision. We are looking for a career oriented individual who is dependable, friendly, multi-tasker, and flexible.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in the care, treatment, and education of optometry patients.
- Interprets prescription and helps patients choose appropriate eyewear, consulting with prescribing physicians as necessary.
- Takes optical measurements necessary for eyewear preparation.
- Orders eyewear from laboratory based on prescription and patient preference.
- Performs quality inspection of lenses and frames.
- Adjusts eyewear to the patient using appropriate tools and instructs on cleaning and handling.
- Makes any necessary repairs using appropriate parts and tools.
- Submits insurance claims.
- Maintains HIPPA standards and patient confidentiality. Adheres to office policies and procedures and works within the Administrator’s compliance plan standards.
- Obtains and charts procedures for medical records.
- Orders new/replacement lenses based on prescription. Maintains, cleans, and polishes.
- Instructs patients about contact lenses, including how to handle, clean, insert, and remove.
- Handles patient questions during visits and via phone, providing advice and resolving problems in consultation with optometrists and ophthalmologists.
- Performs other clinic duties as required.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of high school diploma
- American Board of Opticianry (ABO) Certification required
- Optical knowledge and experience working in an Optical office.
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy, helpfulness, and professionalism to patients and their families.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays and paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
*Equal Opportunity Employer