At West County Ophthalmology, in Chesterfield, MO, we are looking for an energetic, team oriented, Optician to join our team!! This Optician will travel between both West County Ophthalmology locations, Chesterfield and O'Fallon. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm or 8am to 5pm; Opticians are also required to work 1-2 Saturdays per month from 7am -11am. Our team works very closely together: therefore, the ability to work well with others, have an eagerness to learn and a focus on patient care, is key.
As an optician in our practice, you will be:
- Skilled at problem solving.
- Proficient at working with a computer.
- Skilled in communication, both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated and able to multi-task.
- Able to work under pressure in a high-paced environment.
- Performing general duties and other functions as required or assigned.
- Career-minded looking for a position with longevity.
- Able to take proper and accurate measurements for all lens styles.
- Able to perform basic repairs and adjustments.
- Able to use manual lensometer.
The following skills are helpful to have, but we will train as needed:
- Reading and applying Fresnel and ground-in prism.
- Additional eyeglass repairs such as drill mount, grooved rimless and upper liner repairs.
- Understanding and filing insurance claims such as VSP, Healthscope, Versant, VBA and Eyemed.
If you have a passion for patient care, meet these qualifications and this position sounds interesting to you, then we want to hear from you!
We understand the importance of work-life balance and want our team members to thrive personally and professionally. In addition to a rewarding career, we offer a comprehensive wellness package that includes exciting benefits such as:
Excellent health insurance benefits * Generous 401k matching program with immediate 100% vesting * Paid time off *Paid holidays * Free counseling and support services * Employee Perk Package