This job is full time starting immediately. Pay will be $20 to $26 per hour depending upon your experience and skill. Holiday days are paid. After your first month you will begin to accrue paid sick leave and paid vacation at 3.125 hours per month to a maximum of 37.5 hours per year.
- At least 5 years experience working in an optometry office.
- Excellent abilities to communicate with patients in a friendly way by phone, email, and in person.
- Comfortable on line with Officemate and Eyefinity to make appointments, obtain insurance authorizations from VSP, Eye Med, etc., and submit patient information for insurance billing using the new ICD 10 codes.
- Sales duties include assisting patients in selecting appropriate eyeglass lenses and frames, accurately recording patient's facial and frame measurements, and ensuring that frames are well suited to the patient's face, life style, and optical prescription.
- Excellent at adjusting the fit of plastic and metal frames using appropriate optical tools.
- Maintain patient's medical and financial records on the computer and create statements and receipts.
- Prepare lab orders for glasses.
- Use the lensometer to verify that finished glasses are made to specifications.
- Order contact lenses from our suppliers and instruct new wearers on contact lens insertion, removal, and care.
- Assist with general office maintenance.
- Enjoy working with people!