Our office is a fast paced environment and attention to details is a necessity as well as the ability to be a team player. Duties would include frame board management, helping patients select their eye wear and taking all required measurements as well as placing the order with our various labs, knowledge of frame and lens options, and many other duties. The position also includes continued training and educational courses as deemed necessary by Doctors and Office Manager.
- English skills (reading, writing, and speaking) sufficient to effectively deal with diverse individuals in a variety of different situations.
- Word Processing skills, including managing PDF documents, typing, printing, scanning and faxing of documents as well as email capabilities.
- Ability to manage computerized inventory for retail products.
- Communication skills (in person, by phone, in writing) sufficient to provide excellent customer service to patients, co-workers, Doctors, vendors, and other key people as necessary.
- Math skills sufficient to estimate cost of goods to patients prior to ordering materials.
- Requires constant multi-tasking in fast paced office setting with much of the time spent on your feet and in constant motion between exam rooms and optical areas. Very little time is spent sitting at a workstation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, organize workload and prioritize tasks to meet patient and/or the needs of the Doctors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in which the work/tasks are often moving and changing.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and be flexible in responding to changes in work assignments.
- Knowledge/Understanding of Protected Health information and the ability to maintain with discretion and confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time Position that includes some evenings and weekends. Wages are negotiable based on experience.