Optometrists of Lansing, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for an optician to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and computer skills and extend superior client service. If you are looking to work with great staff, great doctors and in a great environment, then this is the place for you!
- Acknowledge, welcome, and direct customers to the appropriate section of the office; determine the customer’s needs by asking questions and evaluating prescriptions.
- Assist patients with the selection of lenses, frames, and other products.
- Ensure all products pertinent to the customer’s comfort, fashion, and lifestyle needs are being presented.
- Take accurate PD, base curve, optical centers, multi-focal measurements, etc., to ensure RX accuracy and proper visual acuity.
- Verify product availability and identify the time needed for processing to provide on-time delivery.
- Verify all eyewear for accuracy of RX requirements by neutralizing prescriptions, inspecting the product, and documenting findings before delivery.
- Promptly notify customers when orders are completed or delayed.
- Adjust and dispense eyewear, explaining to customers the proper usage and cleaning instructions of their glasses.
- Assist patients with complaint resolution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years minimum of optical experience preferred.
- Be helpful and courteous and display strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a well-organized team-player with great attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrates superior computer skills.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, including healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, & vacation.
- Career experiences that provide employees with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**