Milton-Edgewood Eye Clinic located in Milton, Washington needs a part-time Optician to assist patients in selecting eyeglasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. We value previous experience, and we also are willing to train the right person. Willingness to learn and support other functions in the clinic is a plus.
Our practice focuses on providing quality eyecare to our community. We differentiate ourselves through our thoroughness and our use of advanced technology.
In exchange for your hard work we offer continuous paid training, holiday pay, time away from work and a retirement match. In addition, we have excellent hours compared to many retail establishments. We are open Tuesday through Friday from 8am to 7pm, and Saturday’s from 9am to 4pm. We are closed on Sunday and Monday.
Our Opticians play a key role in ensuring that our patients have a rewarding experience that will keep them coming back and referring friends and family. Team members must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, educate patients on eyewear and work as a team to meet our practice profit objectives.
- Leads patients through the sales process of selecting and purchasing frames, sunglasses and contact lenses.
- Understand product features, and help customers determine what types of products best fit their needs.
- Advise customers on prevailing fashion styles.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of all product knowledge information, promotions, upcoming sales and events and advertised products.
- Ensure that all sales transactions are completed and recorded accurately.
- Assist in replenishing inventory.
- Explain insurance benefits to patients.
- Ability to learn and operate practice management software.
- Adjust and fit eyewear for patients.
- Greet patients, schedule appointments, check patients in and out, and answer phones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passionate about providing quality eyecare to our community.
- Customer service experience.
- Superior people skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Smart, quick, reliable and professional.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with patients, co-workers, vendors and supervisors.
- Dresses in appropriate business attire.
- A flair for fashion.
- Some college preferred but not required.
- Previous eye care experience is a plus but is not required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume.