If you love creating a special experience for patients and don't want to work for box stores we are the fit for you!
The ideal candidate is a person who love customers and loves customer service. The ideal person also doesn't like big box stores and prefers to work at private practice and likes working with a team and isn't a lone wolf. If you want to help patients, work in a challenging team based environment, and like to learn new things then this job maybe for you. Pay starting at 12-18+ ClassicVisionCare.com
Job Description: Optician
• Assist patients with frame & lens selection
• Frame displays and merchandising
• Take care of repairs, adjustments, supplies, and handle walk-ins.
• Place follow-up calls 1 week after dispensing eyewear
• Handle and keep track of returns, credits with lab and vendors
• Board Management: Meet with vendors to purchase ophthalmic frames and sunglasses and supplies
Cut Lenses in house on a Santinelli edger
Maintain numbers and monitor Cost of Goods
• Develop vendor relationships, co-operative marketing, and coordinate dispensary promotions and activities
• Pricing development and review
• Keep track of eyewear jobs re: time, length, and accuracy
• Check in jobs and notify patients
• Maintain general appearance of dispensary and lab
Secondary responsibilities when needed:
• Pretesting of patients
• Take retinal photos
• Administer visual fields tests
• Teach I & R for new contact lens patients
• Answer phones
We would consider a lab only optician as well as a dispensing only optician.
Compensation - $12-$18/hr + based on experience. Salary with benefits are an option for certain candidates who have experience and meet the standards.