Description: This is a unique opportunity to work for prescription safety glasses company in a non-practice setting. Daily work is completed through our online administrative portal or thru email and phone.
The position is 40 hours per week, hourly rate based on experience, no weekends and no nights!
- Reviews orders for prescription safety glasses through our online portal
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames via phone and email
- Measures customer by measuring pupillary distance and seg heights using our online computer software
- Enters online orders into the lab's ordering system
- Helps clients via email or phone select safety frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions
- Ensures that eyeglasses fit customer by adjusting frames based on customer photo before shipping safety glasses to customer
- Educates customers by offering instructions in eyeglass care and use when they call in for support
- Assist the Customer Service Team by answering phone calls and e-mails relating to client orders, vision issues, and other general optical questions.
- Helps inspect, clean, and ship safety glasses to end user.
- Must be comfortable working independently and on a computer
Independent, Critical Thinking Skills, Organization, Use of lensometer, Thoroughness, Selling to Customer Needs, Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Listening, Job Knowledge, Integrity, Analyzing Information, Team Work, Microsoft Office, Email, Comfort doing optical work without having patient in person, Motivated, Friendly.
*Spanish speaking is not required, but is a plus
*Will consider both licensed and non-licensed opticians