Aiken Ophthalmology is seeking a fulltime optician to join our fast-paced growing team.
Our patients expect fast, friendly service and attention to detail when fitting corrective lenses.
If you enjoy serving patients of all ages we want to talk to you.
While optical experience is preferred, we are willing to train the right individual with an existing excellent customer service and sales skill set .
Responsiblities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review Physician’s prescriptions and orders based on medical charts
- Operate manual lensometer and other tools to achieve proper fittings for patients
- Educate patients on their corrective lens options and help them make a choice that fits their medical needs as well as lifestyle preferences
- Provide honest but compassionate feedback about aesthetic choices in frames
- Achieve sales goals and quotas as determined by office staff while attending to patients’ specific needs and desires
- Manage inventory of frames and contact lenses to ensure optimum customer satisfaction and product variety
- Communicate with physician or technical staff with questions or concerns about prescriptions and other eye-related issues
- Computer proficiency
The right candidate must also be willing to travel between our Aiken and North Augusta locations.
We offer a wide range of benefits and are an equal opportunity employer.