La Croix Eye Care is seeking a dispensing Optician. ABO certification is preferred but not a requirement for application. We are a busy private optometric practice that was established in 1939 and are excited at our continued growth and the opportunity to add a new Optician to our team!
Dr. Ann La Croix Fredal is a second generation optometrist and is passionate about developing relationships with her patients and providing the latest advances in eye care. The office is newly renovated with state-of-the-art technology and a beautiful eyewear gallery. The entire team is motivated to provide an exceptional experience for each patient to achieve optimal visual performance.
Responsibilities include assisting patients in frame and lens selection, taking related measurements, presenting and dispensing glasses, maintaining glasses inventory, ordering and verifying prescriptions and communicating with doctors, staff, and patients.
The individual will be cross-trained in other areas in order to be able to pinch-hit for teammates. The individual must demonstrate the following:
- Compassion, patience and friendliness to patients and teammates
- An aesthetic orientation to suggesting eyewear for fit, function, and attractiveness on each individual
- Strong detail orientation
- A willingness to learn from others
- Initiative/self-starting capabilities
- An ability to remain unflustered and responsive to changing priorities, tasks, and activities. We offer full time benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, paid training, paid holidays, paid time off, and SEP IRA.
Accepting full time and part time applications.
Please submit cover letter/resume and let's move forward together!