River Valley Eye Professionals is seeking individuals for both full-time and part-time positions with our optical team.
Experience working in eye care or retail optical settings is preferred, but we will fully train the right candidate.
This position is best suited for someone who is personable, reliable, energetic , detail oriented, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure patient satisfaction is achieved. An ability to multi-task, work with people of all ages, and work well with a team is also essential.
**Comfort with using computers is highly preferred as we are a paperless office.**
- Fulfill eyeglasses and contact lenses prescriptions issued by ophthalmologists or optometrists
- Examine written prescriptions to determine necessary specifications of lenses and frames
- Recommend appropriate frames for style and prescription
- Review patients’ visual needs and recommend appropriate lens and / or frame choices
- Clearly explain different lens design and material features to patients.
- Measure pupillary distance, segment height, and other parameters necessary for ordering of eyewear
- Accurately complete order forms and send to supplier or laboratory for processing
- Follow-up on orders to assure prompt service to customer
- Use a lensometer to verify accuracy of spectacle fabrication per doctor’s prescription
- Adjust and modify eyeglass frames to appropriate fit
- Problem solve patient issues or concerns with eyewear performance
- Insert lenses into and repair damaged or broken frames
- Greet and welcome patients
- Maintain patient records
- Understanding and explaining insurance benefits to patients, especially with regard to VSP
- Complete insurance paperwork
- Set pricing for spectacle frames and contact lenses
- Collect payments and provide receipts
- Prepare daily deposits
- Order and maintain optical inventory
- Maintain clean and professional looking office areas
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One Evening per week: Noon – 7:00 pm
One or Two Saturdays per Month: 8:00 am – Noon
- Medical Insurance
- 401k and profit sharing
- Excellent working conditions
- Paid vacation / personal time off
- Optical Discounts for you and your family members
- Salary commensurate with experience $13 - $20 per hour
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, and you feel you would be a positive addition to our team, please forward us your resume and apply today!